수정일
작성자
미러사
조회수
글번호
첨부파일
첨부파일이(가) 없습니다.

2019: A Look Back, and a Leap Forward

The year 2019; how was it for you? The end of 2019 is just around the corner. What have you been up to? Mirror team has been a demanding year for Mirror.

This year, we’ve encompassed vivid stories in five Mirror editions along the four seasons of our university. Delivering Sungshin’s changes and progress, capturing voices of proud Sungshin members and their myriad of experience, focusing on culture and international issues, and featuring alumni whose aim in life was trailblazing in their fields. In September, two cub reporters joined the Mirror. Also, we have hosted various events during this second semester. From the 2nd special lecture for would-be journalists co-hosted by Sungshin Press Society and three parties of the collegiate press, and the 14th English Essay Contest and award ceremony, to the 2nd ENF hosted jointly by the Sungshin Mirror, Sookmyung Times, and Hanyang Journals. 

Looking back at my campus life, I’ve been working for the Sungshin Mirror for three years. I remember the first interview when I was a freshman, I went to Hong-Ik University Station to interview a senior who experienced a global internship. I was so nervous about the face-to-face interview then and though about it a lot. One might think that a reporter is simply the role of a messenger who delivers someone’s words. But, on the day I realized that the interviewing is more than that. Time for preparing questions to get to know someone well, and growing closer with the interviewee through that instant conversation. And the process of sharing that time with the Mirror team, shaping the stories, and capturing them as one result. I think this series of activities inspired and allowed me to engage in this team for three long years.

Before I knew it, existing members who had joined the team with me almost all left for each different reason. In the meantime, I’ve also changed my visiting card from a cub reporter to editor-in-chief. so far, I’ve participated in the publication of 12 editions. Every time our result comes out, it blows my mind. Sometimes there are some regrets, such as the sentences that I want to fix belatedly after the book comes out. But instead, I feel that valuable relationships and experiences that I met under in the name of the Mirror have nurtured and made me who I am now. 

Mirror has also gone through a process of development by trial and error. As the first year I entered this team, the magazine had been suspended and just released. There was no handover, so there was no proper manual. In this vein, emphasizing its autonomy, we were sometimes described as Google. And now, three years later, we’ve come up with a manual, one by one, from the point of maintaining an atmosphere of freedom that has inspired us. 

For one thing, we created our own rules, manuals, and annual events within the Mirror. Externally we have continued to agonize over content to be presented to readers and consequently decide to show a broader spectrum of topics to readers, dividing themes into four categories, encompassing On Campus, Culture, Feature, Global, and a total of 11 sub-categories. Take a close look at this 237th issue and find out what has changed. 

Besides, the Mirror online page has finally been opened, so you can also subscribe to Mirror online. We know that what’s important to us is not just a book we can get our hands on, or a platform such as liquid crystal displays for mobile phones, but what content fits in. The magazines you’re about to open, and the website or SNS itself will be published with more exciting and unique content optimized for each platform. Please keep an eye on the Mirror’s on/off-line platforms, which will eventually be filled with fun, informative, and fruitful content.

The leadership will change, but I’m sure that this change in direction marks another beginning of a new stage of development in Mirror. Lastly, I’m proud of what our Mirror team has created and curated on our series. And I’m wholeheartedly grateful for the support of our readers. Mirror team, and our subscribers, you have made my day.

Enjoy the last of our efforts this year. And don’t forget to pick up a copy of our upcoming Mirror edition next March!

Happy holidays, and Happy New Year :)

By Kim Do-I Editor-in-Chief (hello_toi@naver.com)

다음글
[238th Edition] Another Bi...
미러사 2020-06-01 16:04:23.0
이전글
[236th Edition] Frame: The...
미러사 2020-06-01 16:00:09.0