작성일
수정일
작성자
미러사
조회수
글번호
첨부파일
첨부파일이(가) 없습니다.

EHow was your 2020? For me, it was a tragedy. All new year’s resolutions went to pieces due to self-quarantine. Restricted outdoor activities, being unable to meet beloved ones and escalating number of patients day by day, I was filled with anxiousness and feeling hopeless. This was a brief summary of my last year. However, in the middle of the chaos, by spending time alone, I was able to get to know myself better and realized the value of trivial moments of daily life. Also using different kinds of online class platforms, the 21st Century really began to feel real. In case of the Sungshin Mirror, we switched every process of publication of our magazine to online. We actively utilized our homepage to upload articles, distributed printed magazines all around the Soojung and Woonjung campus as usual and handed out our magazines through post services to the ones who are unreachable at school. In these circumstances of quick and indispensable changes, I would like to send love and thanks to our former Editor-in-chief and former Mirror members who strived to establish a foundation for us to manage the Sungshin Mirror for the post-Corona life.

Amid the new year and the new semester, I got a chance to stand on a new starting point as a senior who is about to graduate and step out to the society as a mere beginner. Also, as the Editor-in-Chief of Sungshin’s one and only English press. These responsibilities made me to be a more prudent version of myself. I promise to fill the further pages of Mirror with adventurous, enjoyable and heartfelt articles for the readers. Plus, I would like to express a sense of gratitude to the team mates and readers of 2020 who supported and cheered us. Please keep an eye on the new journey of the Sungshin Mirror!

In the 243rd edition's cover story, we dealt with COVID-19’s vaccine which is not an end to terminate the virus but another start to overcome the pandemic. Including both scientific views and the issue of vaccine passports, we hope the article broadens perspective of the viewers. As we are in a new starting point to start the new semester, we penned an article introducing four empowering females of 2020 and an interview with alumni Eunji Kim who is actively taking part in her career as a producer. We hope these two articles will be an inspiration for the readers. For our global section, we brought a topic of period poverty, an endless international issue, and with Soojungis participation in a survey, we highlighted electric scooters, a mischievous outlaw of the street and its revised law. Last but not least, we prepared two articles about school briefing for the ones who miss the campus: articles of Sungshin Museum and Sungshin Career Center. The seven articles are meant to inspire you to start the year in a positive frame of mind and be informative and entertaining at the same time.

By Kim Chaiwon , Editor-in-Chief (chaiiwonn@gmail.com)

다음글
다음글이(가) 없습니다.
이전글
[242nd Edition] What Lasts...
미러사 2020-12-15 20:21:50.0