Department of Convergence Security Engineering aims to foster technical, physical, and managerial security professionals who are equipped with knowledge in and job skills for data protection, ICT, and computer engineering. Fusion security represents a technical, physical, and managerial tool that is designed to prevent data impairment, alteration, leak etc. Hence the sharply growing demand for fusion security specialists who can upgrade the data protection technology, standards, and systems in step with the development of the IT and the fusion industry. The industry and public organizations demand professionals who can creatively solve technical, legal, and policy issues in the area of fusion that focuses user environment with a solid understanding of technology. For this, Department of Fusion Security Engineering, which operates its balanced curriculum in theory and practice structured in the three tracks of digital security track, industrial security track, and fusion security track, trains professionals as needed by the industry through the fusion projects and the problem-solving class. In the era of the 4th Industrial Revolution, fusion security makes the key future growth engine and is a promising area that offers a slew of career opportunities as with public corporations, private businesses, research institutes, etc. Department of Fusion Security Engineering of Sungshin Women's University provides unstinted support and an opportunity to take the initiative with the aim of fostering fusion professionals who specialized in security.
Educational Goals of Departments
- Fostering hands-on professionals as by reflecting the industrial needs and strengthening industry-university cooperation and through the industry-university projects.
- Establishing a fusion security curriculum and practice environment tailored for industries and applications.
- Fostering fusion security professionals who are capable of checking vulnerabilities and taking security measures for industries and applications.
- Fostering fusion security researchers and developers who are capable of designing and fulfilling the requirements of the security products and technology tailored for different industries.
- Problem-solving-focused projects as through the guidance and mentoring by industrial professionals with ample field experience as in industries, research institutes etc.
- Education focused on problem solving as through the analysis of the vulnerabilities of products and services and the analysis of their requirements.
- Industry-university projects linked to the graduate students.
Fostering professionals who upgrade the security capacity of the ICT fusion industry and the fusion security industry.
Students Envisioned by Departments
Next-generation fusion security leaders who have enough knowledge and competence to perform the technical, physical, and managerial activities for protecting the properties and lives of the country, business, or individuals and fusion professionals who will lead the fusion security that will serve as the center of the future fusion industry.