"Department of Ethical Education has its main purpose in fostering secondary school teachers in charge of the morality and ethics subject. The curriculum of Department of Ethical Education is designed to enable the exploration of the full gamut of academic disciplines through multidisciplinary approach in diverse areas and the cultivation of academic knowledge in wide-ranging areas such as the traditional ethics of East and West, applied ethics, philosophy, sociology, political science, and education studies. Through the harmonious and balanced development of intelligence, emotion, and justice, students grow into excellent teachers with total personality and specialist skills who can overcome the values in disarray due to the development of science and technology and social change, cultivate democratic personality traits and community spirit, and perform research and teaching on the unified Korea. Since 1982 when the department was created, numerous graduates have left the program. And they are fulfilling their part in the South Korean society as model Sungshin people and College of Education people, not only as secondary school teachers, but also in diverse-ranging professions such as teacher, professor, researcher, broadcasting people, corporate executive, scenario writer, flight attendant, curricular specialist, specialist related to ethics or unification politics, public servants, bank employee, and publishing staff. This achievement has been possible through the trust and effort among faculty, alumnae, and current students. Now, it is hoped that the three groups will engage in academic and cultural communication not only offline but also online through the website of Yunchon and that it will serve as a venue of mix that can bring hope and dreams to wanna-be Yunchon people."
Educational Goals of Departments
Cultivating the ability for an integral and moral understanding of social issues.
- Cultivating the ability to explore the directions for the modern-day succession of traditional ethics and the establishment of new values.
- Cultivating the educational ability to cultivating the personality traits of democratic citizens and nurturing such persons.
- Cultivating the ability for moral and ethical education that responds to the era of globalization and multiculturalism.
- Cultivating the action of hands-on secondary school education in morality and ethics.
Students Envisioned by Departments
- Creative cultured persons equipped with both moral personality and ethical knowledge.
- Teachers equipped with the integral ability and action regarding moral education.